What's that smell in the kitchen
This house had severe damage in the kitchen due to a fire disaster.
on www.rd.com they suggest these methods to avoid a kitchen fire in your home.
1. Pat down poultry. If you are frying chicken, don’t put it into the frying pan wet. It can spark a grease fire.
2. Don’t wear billowy clothing. A bathrobe or loose apron could easily catch fire while you’re cooking.
3. If you are deep-frying only fill the pot 1/3 full of oil.
4. Don’t put out a grease fire with water, it will make it worse.
5. Close the oven door if your oven catches on fire. The fire will go out by itself.
6. Pull the plug if your microwave or toaster starts to spark.
7. Always have a fire extinguisher nearby and store it in a cool place.
8. Use baking powder to put out flames if you don’t have a fire extinguisher.
9. Don’t be a hero. When you are in doubt call 911.