Use Caution When Using Space Heaters
A recent SERVPRO loss occurred after a homeowner reported a space heater had caused a fired in their garage.
During these cold Idaho months we are tempted to keep our garages as warm as our homes with space heaters but the reality is that unless you have super duper insulation, which most garages dont due to the cost during construction, it is just not realistic.
If you must put a space heater in your garage for any purpose, here are a few SERVPRO tips
* Do not leave space heaters unattended. If you cannot monitor it, turn it off and for extra safety, unplug it.
*Place it on a hard stable surface so that is does not fall over
*Leave plenty of space around the heater so avoid items catching on fire
*Do not block intake or exhaust vents
*Do not try to dry articles of clothing on them