Bats in the attic
Our production managers Brittany and Justin were in Moran, Wyoming today putting together an estimate for some clean up needed at the Fire Station. There was bat guano in an upstairs basement.
According to www.daytonwildlife.com “Bat droppings are also called guano and are considered very harmful to human beings. The droppings look like droppings of mouse but these turned into powder form when touched. This powdery substance then becomes airborne. This substance is very dangerous if inhaled mistakenly and can cause a very terrible disease that harms the respiratory system and known as Histoplasmosis.”
The serious dangers guano can spread:
Most of the time people remain unaware of the affects or harm bat dropping can cause. But it is true that human can face serious hazards to health if the care is not taken while cleaning area infected with guano. There are numbers serious diseases that guano can spread and some of them can even be fatal. The animal droppings may be a danger simply by their weight as well. As the bats live in colonies so they can make wastage and guano beyond your expectation. The areas like attics can be of special attention for you as droppings and urine of bats can destroy the surface.
If you have a Water, Fire, Mold, Asbestos or Biohazard Disaster give SERVPRO a call today. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! We have trained professionals ready to help.