Smoke and Soot Clean Up
Having a fire in your home or on your property can be a life changing experience and very invasive. SERVPRO is here to handle the damage to your property the fire left behind. We can make it like it never even happened.
Smoke and Soot Facts
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process
Different Types of Smoke
- Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary.
- Dry Smoke
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
- Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent color
Every smoke and soot damage situation varies on size and type of damage done. If you have fire, smoke, or soot damage to your property give us a call. We will put our experience and resources to work for you.