If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (208) 356-0263

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How Quickly Fire Can Spread

12/19/2017 (Permalink)

SERVPRO was recently called to a local home regarding what first was called in as a small garage fire. Upon arrival they discovered that old exposed wiring had not only caused the garage to catch fire but it had affected the entire home leaving the occupants in a hotel for the foreseeable future.  

Many times the safety of garage wiring is overlooked because home owners are either not aware there is an issue or the idea of "It has been like this for years and we never had a problem with it" is the prevailing thought.  

To save on building costs many garages are unfinished and homeowners can easily take this moment to inspect wires to determine if there should be some electrical work done ASAP.  

Whether your garage is finished or unfinished take a moment now to ask yourself these questions.  

*Do you hear or see a spark when you flip a switch?

*Do you ever smell an odd odor coming from the outlets?

*Are light switch plates warm or hot to the touch?

*Do you hear buzzing when the electricity is on?

These are signs that an electrician should be called right away to avoid the costly damage that this SERVPRO family endured.

Other News

View Recent Posts