If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (208) 356-0263

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Driggs Restaurant Chemical Fire

1/4/2018 (Permalink)


A Driggs Idaho restaurant owner was quite surprised when he arrived at his place of business one morning.  

When he arrived at his restaurant he knew there was a problem due to the black soot on the outside wall of his restaurant.  Immediately he thought there was a fire inside and call the fire department.

When they arrived and opened the doors there was no fire burning, however, there was considerable heat damage.

It appeared that cleaning rags with powerful chemicals placed in a laundry hamper had ignited at some point in the evening.  As the fire tried to take hold it consumed all of the oxygen in the room and eventually is had burned itself out.  

This did not stop it from smoldering however and the intense heat in the room caused everything plastic to eventually melt to a point of unrecognizability.

The picture posted here is of the exit sign that hangs over the outer door.  

SERVPRO was called to estimate losses and repairs.

Other News

View Recent Posts