Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
It is very important to be aware of any water damage that could be lurking in your home or business. Here are some helpful tips and tricks we have gathered to help you better understand and prevent water damage in your home or business.
- Clean your gutters and downspouts
- Direct downspouts 5-10’ away from the house
- Test your sump pump once a year
- Investigate leaks right away and fix immediately
- Install water detection devices
- Replace missing roof shingles
- Disconnect Hoses
- Maintain trees and vegetation
- Check appliances regularly
If you have a water disaster give SERVPRO of Rexburg/Rigby a call today at (208) 523-5365. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (208) 356-0263
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.